Thursday, November 10, 2005

Physiotherapy for my wrist

Here's what I have to do, 6 times a day for the next 2 months. I have to do each exercise 10 times. I hope this will make my wrist work properly again. It is still very stiff, and there are lots of movements it won't do.

Hand straight up:
1. Curl fingers to 2nd knuckle - karate chop
2. Bend all fingers to 90 degs
3. Move thumb from full outstretch to the left to th base of pinky
4. Place hand palm down and lift each finger separately
5. Alien hand - move thumb UP from palm and back - use opposite hand
6. Thumb wave - move thumb to side and back to index finger - use hand to help
7. Hold thumb at first crease, bend and straighten
8. Hold thumb at 2nd knuckle, bend and straighten - use other hand
9. Arc, wiggle thumnb in a circle in front of finger bases.

Rest elbow on table with hand up.
10. Turn palm to face, then away. Help with other hand.
11. Band hand down and back from wrist. Help with other hand
12. Make O's with all fingers to thumb
13. Make fist, push fingers wide

Place hand flat on table.
14. Keep forearm still, slide hand to left and right
15. Raise and lower elbow

Hang hand over edge of table
16. Bend down and up at wrist

Bend elbow to 90 degs by side
17. Turn palm up as far as it will go, then down
18. Touch shoulder with fingertips.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks David. I broke my wrist 7 weeks ago and have just had the plaster removed today. It may take a while to get physio so your exercises are very useful!
Pauline

11:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you
David, I hurt my wrist while working out. It still has not healed. I did not want to spend money on Physio. Then I found your blog. These exercises are very helpful. Thank you.

1:16 PM  
Blogger Pon Arun Kumar said...

I would like you to post more of these... the exercises are really useful.

7:02 AM  
Anonymous Heather said...

I had my plaster cast off yesterday and I am printing off these exercises and taking them to work! Physiotherapy is going to take weeks to organise, but I need my wrist NOW!!!

2:40 AM  
Anonymous Stalybridge Physiotherapist said...

Home exercises can really aid recovery. Physiotherapy can help with any bone, joint or muscle discomfort. Great Post and I hope your wrist feels much better soon.

5:51 AM  
Anonymous Pilates London said...

I need some more information on wrist therapy as someone came to me to know about the ailment for wrist.

7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home